How to migrate from madduck’s vcsh to RichiH’s vcsh
sean at silentflame.com
Mon Dec 12 18:02:07 CET 2011
I recently migrated from madduck’s vcsh to RichiH’s, and the latter
asked me to write up the process for his doc/, so the following is
GPL/FDL/CC-BY-SA. Hope it’s of use to someone.
What follows is a set of instructions for migrating from the setup
described by Penny, using madduck’s vsch, to RichiH’s new vcsh.
1) Update to a recent version of mr so you have the vcsh repository
type. Install vcsh somewhere in your path (I personally prefer to
manually copy it into ~/local/bin/).
2) Move ~/.gitignore and ~/.mrconfig out of the way. Clone RichiH’s
template mr config repository: vcsh clone git://github.com/RichiH/vcsh_mr_template.git mr.vcsh
3) Set up $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/mr/available.d/ with configs for each of your
fgits repos, following the templates in the new vcsh docs. Make sure
you have one for each chunk of your old ~/.mrconfig.
4) Commit to and push your new mr.vcsh.git repository to safety
somewhere, again according to the usual vcsh docs.
5) mv ~/.fgits/* $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/vcsh/repo.d/
6) For each repository in repo.d, do the following:
- git config vcsh.vcsh true
- edit the worktree variable inside the repository’s config file to /home/yourusername
- edit the excludesfile variable inside the repository’s config file
to .gitignore.d/reponame where reponame is the folder name without
mr up/push/commit etc. should now work as you expect.
Sean Whitton, sean at silentflame dot com
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 835 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the vcs-home