integrating an existing git repo in vcsh

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Thu Feb 4 09:46:08 CET 2016

Hello Christopher and Martin,

On 2016-02-04 12:09, martin f krafft <madduck at madduck.net> writes:

> It should be as easy as cloning the repo with vcsh, though I suspect
> you'll have to first modify the contents and move all files to
> ./.emacs.d/, assuming that that's currently the worktree of your Git
> repo. vcsh uses ~/ as the worktree, and so your files would
> otherwise all be checked out to ~/ instead of ~/.emacs.d/ .

Thank you for the suggestion, as it lead me deeper in the documentation
and made me realize I actually did not need to do anything: I simply
use mr, as suggested on the site, for both git and vcsh repositories. So
I only needed to register my emacs.d with mr, and all is well.

Thanks again,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Athmospheric CO₂ (Updated February 1, 2016, Mauna Loa Obs.): 402.43 ppm