newbie: "fake" README for remote of a `vcsh` repo?

Mark Stillwell marklee at fortawesome.org
Tue Feb 10 15:23:20 CET 2015

On 15-02-10, Richard Hartmann wrote:
>On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Mark Stillwell <marklee at fortawesome.org> wrote:
>> Note that the version of vcsh that is packaged with some versions of ubuntu
>> has a bug in it, so that it will look for hooks in
>> $XDH_CONFIG_HOME/vcsh/hooks-enabled rather than
>> $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/vcsh/hooks-enabled. The easiest fix is just to set
>> XDH_CONFIG_HOME=${XDG_CONFIG_HOME}.
>
>Ugh... Would anyone happen to know how backports for Ubuntu work?

PS, Tom, I looked at your original request on github and saw that you had
already discounted the sparse checkout option. I don't know of any way to
alias some files within a repository to an alternative path without changing
the repository root. The best thing that I could think of would be checking
out to independent directories under $HOME/.config/ and then configuring a
hook to automatically populate links in home...but then, if you did that you
wouldn't need vcsh in the first place.

--
Mark Stillwell