mr/vcsh integration

Andre Klärner kandre at ak-online.be
Sun Apr 28 17:01:49 CEST 2013

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 03:48:31PM +0200, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Andre Klärner <kandre at ak-online.be> wrote:
>

> > I think I missed the discussion about the two approaches? What are these?
>
> My approach aka symlinks:
>
> If you symlink, mr will clone, update, etc.
>
> Joey approach aka lazy checkouts:
>
> mr will only update etc if you cloned it yourself.
>
> Joey's approach manages repos implicitly; mine forces you to make an
> explicit decision. Both work, I prefer mine.

Yeah, I also tend to the use the more explicit approaches.

> > Cool. I'd love to see it implemented. Additionally it might help one
> > could find a bigger template on using vcsh with mr (like the most
> > reasonable things in one file)
>
> I.e.?

Okay, looks like I did not read the mr source until now. Now that I did I
understand a bit more how it works, and that most commands (correct me if
I'm wrong) are already builtin, and only the checkout needs to be specified
due to the url.

Btw: is there a way to support anonymnous checkouts while auto-configuring
the resulting repo for ssh-based push? Has someone already done this?

> > Well, now it all works, you can clone via HTTP, HTTPS and git://. And in
> > the process my gitweb just got a new theme and more enabled features.
>
> Please see attached.
>
> My patch kills them all other than the mr repo link. Simply `git am` it or
> patch locally and undo what you don't like.

I applied it completely. Thanks a lot for your help.

regards,
Andre

--
Andre Klärner