intercept file access to git-annex repos

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Mon Apr 16 11:47:40 CEST 2012

Hi,

still about photos and git-annex: When my wife edits photos prior to uploading
them, it would be fine if she wouldn't need to know about git-annex. Hacking
git-annex support in every photo application is no option.

But is there any linux kernel or LD_PRELOAD magic that could intercept access
to a git-annex repo and make it look "normal"? (I just realize that we already
talked about a fuse filesystem for git-annex.)

The interceptor should show the real files instead of symlinks and should do an
edit-add roundtrip for any write access.

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro