Photo gallery with git-annex?

Mon Apr 16 01:54:02 CEST 2012

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 20:38, Joey Hess <joey at kitenet.net> wrote:

> Tho it would
> not cover your non-public case, unless you did something tricky with
> apache htaccess.

Checking a .htaccess into git is trivial and would actually help with
the mental model of the gallery, I guess.

One problem I see is that these images would be unstripped, i.e. with
full EXIF information, including GPS data. This is a _huge_ security
concern and would prevent me from ever using this directly.

OTOH, a downsampled web access annex with all EXIF data removed may be
an option.

> Unfortunately I have not been able to get the authors of git-annex and
> ikiwiki to sit down together and integrate their software yet.

Take them out into the woods and shoot them^W^Wtell them they won't
get power until they agree to work together.

Richard