Photo gallery with git-annex?

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Sat Apr 14 19:48:29 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm thinking, how a simple web photo gallery setup could be possible with git-
annex, a static gallery generator like lazygal (Debian packaged) and some
scripting.

But to make this a viable alternative to facebook for my wife, I'd
additionally need (or like):

- comments
- non-public galleries with openid/facebook/twitter login
- web based uploads?

The above wishes actually aren't specific to a photo gallery, but could also be
useful for a general file store.
A standalone comment system would make a lot of sense. Authorization might be
possible with a web server plugin? Web based uploads are a hard problem.

Just thinking,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro