git-annex setup with bare remote and optionally bup?

Thu Oct 27 16:48:28 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I am using several local repos and one common bare remote. Said remote
is origin for all other repos and meant as a central point of
distribution.

A few issues with this setup:

* I can not run git annex fsck (this might be addressed by Joey in code)
* git annex status does not know about the global annex keys & size

One thing I have been pondering is to create a local clone of the bare
repo and soft-link its .git/annex/objects to the bare's one. Is this
sane or totally crazy?

Another thing is that I would like this central bare repo to be a
common backup point. I.e. it should incorporate bup seamlessly. From
how I understand the docs, this is impossible with a bare git-annex
repo; hopefully I am wrong.

Insight on any of those points appreciated!
Richard