Doc on creating a remo repo without cloning

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Fri Nov 25 20:10:38 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm starting to learn git-annex and tried by creating one local git-annex
enabled repo on my laptop. Then I wanted to create another non-bare repo on my
server to push to it.

I can not access my laptop from the server, since I'm sitting behind a NAT.
However there are at least two hurdles when I want to create another repo
without cloning:
- I can not push to the remote repo without setting
      receive.denyCurrentBranch ignore
- When I do a simple git push, git tries to push the git-annex branch. However
I understand that the git-annex branch is local to each repo and should not be
shared? I get non-fast-forward complains on a push attempt.

Thanks for any enlightenment,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro