Python script for automatic synchronization based on inotify

René Mayrhofer rene at mayrhofer.eu.org
Tue Mar 15 12:13:59 CET 2011

Am 2011-03-14 21:53, schrieb Chanoch (Ken) Bloom:
> First, run `git filter-branch` with the `--prune-empty` option to get
> rid of the empty commits that used to contain only changes to the .pyc
> file.
I think I already did that, but will need to double-check.

> Second, rewriting the history to be sane should be a simple (though
> potentially time consuming) application of `git rebase --interactive`.
> Look over the tree using gitk to see which commits can be grouped into
> logically related sets of changes, then find the number of the first
> commit on the repository (or the first commit where the history starts
> to get really hairy) and start rebasing from there. Make liberal use
> of the `squash` operation to merge commits that should be related but
> were broken up by the way autocommit works. Write a useful commit
> message for each of the new commits you're creating.
>
> When you're done, look over the tree again with gitk. You can run `git
> rebase --interactive` again (on the rebased tree) if you spot errors.

Thanks for the hints, I will try to fix the history. However, due to
other tasks, I will probably not be able to do so within the next ca. 2
weeks. If anybody wants to pull the current repo, please be aware that a
forced push will probably happen within the next 2 weeks.

Any patches etc. are still welcome, and I will try to integrate them
appropriately.

best regards,
Rene