vcsh: making $VCSH_BASE a per-repository property?

Fri Dec 30 13:41:57 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 11:33, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:

> I don't understand what you mean. can you explain all the steps involved so that I get where the problem lies?

When I clone, I need a place to clone into. If that information is
stored in the repo which I am about to clone, I can not access the
storage location before storing it... Chicken, meet egg.

> per-repository? that's not bad, but I think settings for vcsh repo's should go into vcsh repo's.  mr is a nice addition to help out with mass-updating and such, but it should not become a source of "critical" configuration for vcsh repos IMHO

Sure. Just edit your mr config for the specific repo. I suspect a leading

  VCSH_BASE=foo

or

  export VCSH_BASE=foo

may work. If not, prefix the individual config lines (which means you
need individual config lines...).

If there is a clean way to support this globally and transparently, I
am all for it. I just can't think of any, atm.

Richard

--
Richard