vcsh: making $VCSH_BASE a per-repository property?

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Fri Dec 30 11:33:50 CET 2011

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 18:50:32 +0100
Richard Hartmann <richih.mailinglist at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can simply have vcsh read out vcsh.base from git's config, but I am
> not sure if that doesn't lead to chicken/egg situations when
> cloning... If you have any ideas, do lot me know.

I don't understand what you mean. can you explain all the steps involved so that I get where the problem lies?

> You can always set VCSH_BASE in your mr config, that will override
> $HOME.

per-repository? that's not bad, but I think settings for vcsh repo's should go into vcsh repo's.  mr is a nice addition to help out with mass-updating and such, but it should not become a source of "critical" configuration for vcsh repos IMHO

Dieter