--repos patch rebased against 1.07

Adam Spiers vcs-home at adamspiers.org
Tue Dec 13 13:09:44 CET 2011

Hi Joey,

I see you already cherry-picked that small refactoring patch from my
'for-joey' branch; thanks for that.

I also notice that the new --force caused some conflicts with my
--repos patch, so I have fixed those and made the new version
available in the same place:

    https://github.com/aspiers/kitenet-mr/commit/for-joey

Bearing in mind the below:

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 11:58 AM, Adam Spiers <vcs-home at adamspiers.org> wrote:
> However, even ignoring all these reasons, the requirement for a
> namespace of short repository identifiers (which cannot contain the
> '/' character) is an unavoidable consequence of supporting integration
> between mr and GNU Stow, since Stow already requires it.  My --repos
> patch automatically builds this namespace by taking the basenames of
> each repository directory, and then carefully handling the minority of
> cases where these are non-unique with minimal disruption to the end
> user.

please could you cherry-pick this new version of the patch?

Thanks,
Adam