[announce] Sharebox, a FUSE filesystem relying on git-annex

Sat Apr 9 11:36:41 CEST 2011

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 04:42, Christophe-Marie Duquesne
<chm.duquesne at gmail.com> wrote:

> git-annex does location tracking. Even if you delete the link, the file is
> still there and other repositories know what repositories have the file. If
> you want to be sure the file is always reachable, you have to force a
> repository to act central and to download every files. That is a mount
> option I have already added ( -o getall).

FYI, git-annex gained the ability to use a bup remote. This will solve
all problems in this regard if used correctly and will even give you
indefinite and full history.

As an aside, please look here [1] for a current discussion on how to
store metadata in git, enabling git-annex to do so, enabling any FUSE
front-ends to act more in line with normal file systems. Smudge
filters were mentioned so this must be good ;)

Richard

[1] http://marc.info/?l=git&m=130220380412726&w=4