Fw: fake git repositories.. how far do you go?

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Wed Apr 6 10:43:08 CEST 2011

also sprach Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> [2011.03.03.0953 +0100]:
> I could not really understand why one would actually _want_
> multiple fake git repositories.

When I commit a change to my vim configuration, that has nothing to
do with the history of changes to my mutt configuration. Thus,
I prefer to keep them separate, and Git lets me do that. Now I can
share each configuration on git.madduck.net and people can clone
just the parts they want.

In short: because I can, and tools like vcsh and mr and all the
others make it a little less cumbersome.

But if you prefer to use a single repo for your homedir stuff, do
it.

"if beethoven's seventh symphony
 is not by some means abridged,
 it will soon fall into disuse."
                             -- philip hale, boston music critic, 1837

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net