mr update on secondary machines

Yaroslav Halchenko lists at onerussian.com
Sat Jun 12 04:11:44 CEST 2010

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010, Abhishek Dasgupta wrote:
> As I plan on using other machines with the configs as well, how can I
> configure so that git can pull via the ssh://git... address to my server
> in crontab? Is there any way ssh-agent can be accessed within crontab,
> or must these secondary machines pull via anonymous git:// URLs?
in my mrsetup which I adopted from martin, I can say what kind of
machine it is -- private or public... for private it would use ssh://
for public git:// urls (+enable/disable some of the modules)

> Anonymous updating is OK, but I won't be able to push from these
> machines. Does anyone have an idea about how to get around this problem?
you can always add an ssh:// remote for that rare case when you need to
push anything -- most of the time I don't push much from public  boxes,
and if I feel I need to customize heavily, I customize on
"private" box, pushing from there, and then pulling into
public one -- just a lazy solution ;)

--
                                  .-.