Wiki Updates

Kevin T. Neely ktneely at astroturfgarden.com
Mon May 14 22:54:06 CEST 2007

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 04:49:43PM -0700, Martin Fick wrote:
> --- "Kevin T. Neely" <ktneely at astroturfgarden.com>
> wrote:
>
> > This is pretty much what I am thinking, as well.  I
> > went to actually implement this, and ran into a
> > problem.  When I propedit the svn:externals, I
> > cannot do something like:
> >
> > . svn+ssh://server.com/svn/repos/home
>
> You cannot make the current directory an external, are
> you trying to do this and then somehow change the
> external as you go to another machine?
>
> I don't think that you are doing the same thing that I
> was suggesting, I think that maybe you have it
> reversed?  Instead of having a home directory that

I might.  I was thinking a bit more about it, after writing the last message and think I know where the problem might lie.  Even if I were able to check out my same home directory with different externals depending upon what computer I am on, in having a different set of externals, I will overwrite that property when I commit, eventually making them all the same.

Someone mentioned that svn handles symlinks; I'm going to look up how this works and maybe that will achieve what I am attempting.

In Vino Veritas
http://astroturfgarden.com