Wiki Updates

Kevin T. Neely ktneely at astroturfgarden.com
Fri Apr 27 00:31:19 CEST 2007

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 12:48:06PM -0800, Martin Fick wrote:
> A while ago I added a small section on organizing your
> repositories to the wiki here:
>
> http://www.theficks.name/VCS-Home/Organizing

This is really nice, and a repository of information like this is definitely needed.

What I am currently interested in is maintaing different "trunks" for different computers.  For example, when I use my laptop, I want to have everything, but when i login to my girlfriend's laptop, I do not need any source or likely any work stuff, but I probably want my $HOME and some of my personal docs if I am, say, editing my resume.

I am not well-versed enough in Subversion to do this, but my thinking is that I want multiple externals, and then when I checkout my directory, it is really just a bunch of external links.  Hmm, okay, I think I just figured it out while typing it up.

I guess my only problem is how to do this gracefully with my current setup which is my $HOME with some svn:externals pointing to the source tree, work tree, and personal tree...

In Vino Veritas
http://astroturfgarden.com