newbie question

Kelly Clowers kelly.clowers at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 22:42:41 CET 2006

On 11/5/06, Vim Visual <vim.unix at googlemail.com> wrote:
> well, MIT and CERN are using AFS and so is doing my institute... even
> if I must say it's _not_ the best FS
>
> In any case this didn't work out... It looked promising but it didn't
> work. I also tried to set in.ssh/config GSSAPIDelegateCredentials=yes
> but... guess, it didn't work either...
>
> And I don't think it's a matter of shell; whatever you can do with
> bash, ksh or tcsh you can do with zsh (and better), and the path
> syntax is the right one...
>
> any hint???
>
> thanks

Googling for "AFS SSH" gives some interesting results:
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~kula/talks/afs-bpw-2005/afs-bpw-2005-iowa.html
(near the bottom)
http://www.psc.edu/general/net/internet/ssh.html (near the bottom)
http://www.nersc.gov/~rkowen/ssh.staff.html#AFS

Others might be more relevant to your setup.

Some of the (older) results say that SHH2 does not support
AFS, but it does now.

sshd_config has an option that might be relevant:
>     KerberosGetAFSToken
>             If AFS is active and the user has a Kerberos 5 TGT, attempt to
>             acquire an AFS token before accessing the user's home directory.
>             The default is ``no''

Cheers,
Kelly