How to include repository config in vcsh

Martin Kühl martin.kuehl at gmail.com
Fri May 27 15:04:10 CEST 2016

On 27 May 2016 at 13:31, Marc Haber <mh+vcs-home at zugschlus.de> wrote:
> On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 04:52:08PM +0900, Sean Whitton wrote:
>> On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 10:13:53AM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
>> > Does myrepos (which current vcsh doesn't seem to use) post_checkout
>> > hook do something significantly different from what a git
>> > post_checkout hook does?
>>
>> myrepos has support for vcsh repositories.  You would specify your vcsh
>> repository in your ~/.mrconfig and add a post_checkout hook there.  The
>> myrepos manpage explains it.
>
> Is this a new feature?
>
> $ man mr | grep hook | wc -l
> 0
>
> myrepos 1.20160123 on Debian testing.
>
>> > I must admit that git hooks is something that I have not (yet) fully
>> > grokked. Can I have a repository with a post_checkout hook that it
>> > part of the repository and automatically run after git clone? Will the
>> > post_checkout hook be updated if I update it on master? Is there a way
>> > to disable it on a certain cloned repository?
>>
>> A myrepos post_checkout hook has nothing to do with a git hook.
>
> What does a myrepos post_checkout hook do?

Quoting `man mr`:

       pre_ and post_
           If "pre_action" is set, its command is run before mr performs the
           specified action. Similarly, "post_action" commands are run after
           mr successfully performs the specified action. For example,
           "pre_commit" is run before committing; "post_update" is run after
           updating.