vcsh repo status output

Matthias Thubauville matthias.thubo at gmail.com
Thu May 26 19:06:48 CEST 2016

Hi Marc,

I'm using vcsh in combination with myrepos, but here is how I solved the
issue: You can use a .gitignore.d folder which contains a gitignore file
for each vcsh repository

# vcsh bash config -l | grep excludesfile
core.excludesfile=~/.gitignore_global
core.excludesfile=.gitignore.d/bash

# git config -l | grep excludesfile
core.excludesfile=~/.gitignore_global

# cat .gitignore.d/bash
*
!/.bash_aliases
!/.bash_aliases/*
!/.bash_functions
!/.bash_profile
!/.bashrc
!/.gitignore.d
!/.gitignore.d/bash
!/.profile

# vcsh list | grep bash
bash

It does not solve the fact that you have to use -f while adding files,
however I tend to update the corresponding file in ~/.gitignore.d

Hope that helps,
Cheers