How to include repository config in vcsh

Marc Haber mh+vcs-home at zugschlus.de
Thu May 26 10:13:53 CEST 2016

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 03:32:26PM +0900, Sean Whitton wrote:
> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 08:02:51AM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> > On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 01:27:19PM -0700, Corey Quinn wrote:
> > > Does git config without --global or --system flags do what you want it to do?
> >
> > Probably, but that would further complicate first rollout on new
> > systems since this would need to be done on all host after first
> > clone, wouldn't it?
>
> myrepos's post_checkout hook can do this for you.

Does myrepos (which current vcsh doesn't seem to use) post_checkout
hook do something significantly different from what a git
post_checkout hook does?

I must admit that git hooks is something that I have not (yet) fully
grokked. Can I have a repository with a post_checkout hook that it
part of the repository and automatically run after git clone? Will the
post_checkout hook be updated if I update it on master? Is there a way
to disable it on a certain cloned repository?

Greetings
Marc