git-annex - documentation clarification - I've had data loss

Matthew Hannigan matthew.hannigan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 23:03:55 CET 2014

(here it is again -- to the list!)

Thanks Joey.
I still think it should be mentioned up front that the the 'add'
actually moves the file.  It's a clear difference to how git works.
Interesting about direct mode; I hadn't heard of it and was about to
request such a feature!

Thanks Sean and Klaus too.  I thought as a newb I'd hold off editing
the wiki for now.
Good point on the forensics.

Although you can tell I'm not too upset; most of the data if not all
was downloaded from net and could be downloaded again.

Regards,
Matt

--
m a t t h e w   l i n u s   h a n n i g a n