using git submodules with vcsh

Sat Jan 5 18:14:13 CET 2013

Hi Andre,

submodules are still a point of contention with vcsh.

Problem is, git needs to support a way to move .gitmodules around, which it
does not currently have.

That submodules work at all with vcsh is a relatively recent development.
git didn't clean up its own variables properly, that bug was discovered by
vcsh users and took ages to be resolved.

I sent email to git's ML some time ago asking for a way to support
different locations for .gitmodules but to no avail, yet.

As soon as git supports this, I will update vcsh accordingly.

Richard