using git submodules with vcsh

Andre Klärner kandre at ak-online.be
Fri Jan 4 20:29:34 CET 2013

Hi guys,

first of all thanks to all creators of vcsh and the vcs-home project. It is
really cool to manage my homedir with ease and version my systems with git.

Anyway I wanted to use git submodules for using some foreigin parts in my
local config. I tried it the first time for my vim-repository, and it
worked perfectly fine. Than a month later I wanted to redo this for my
awesome repository, but I found out that both .gitmodules files collide in
my homedir.

Has anyone found a way to use submodules in multiple vcsh repositories? I
check the git documentation, but it seems that there is no similar way like
for the gitignore files.

Thanks and kind regards,

Andre

--