STATE directory proposal for xdg basedir specification

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Fri Aug 16 17:52:56 CEST 2013

We had some meetings at debconf and it was mentioned that it's rather
unfortunate that the XDG basedir specification does not include a directory for
state information.

I therefor revived an old thread of mine on the xdg freedesktop mailing list
requesting exactly that but already got two negative responses.

I'd like to invite you to review the idea as expressed here:
https://wiki.debian.org/XDGBaseDirectorySpecification#Proposal:_STATE_directory

Maybe you'd like to also voice your opinion in the thread linked at that wiki
page.

Regards, Thomas Koch