checking which files on a CD are not in a git-annex repo

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Tue Mar 27 19:40:56 CEST 2012

Hi,

how could I check, which files on a CD are not yet in a specific git-annex repo?

I presume it'd be possible to calculate the checksum of the files on the CD and
check those against the annex'ed files.

Of course afterwards I want to feed the list in a corresponding cp command.
(Which will lead to the next problem if I want to preserve the directory
structure... another time in my life to re-learn cpio...?)

It'd be of course wonderful if I could tell git-annex directly to import all
files of the disc. Duplicate files should symlink to the same file in the git-
annex backend, shouldn't they?

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro