mr: Can I define trusted scripts?

Olaf TNSB still.another.person at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 22:58:47 CET 2012

On 29/02/2012 1:53 AM, "Joey Hess" <joey at kitenet.net> wrote:

> Olaf TNSB wrote:
> > Summary - Is there some way to trust scripts/commands but not .mrconfig
files?

> Nope..

:(

> You haven't explained a reason why you cannot just trust the mrconfig
> files. Unless an untrusted third party is providing them or could
> somehow modify them, it makes sense to just trust them.

I have the case of the untrusted third party source & control.  The repos
and .mrconfig files sit on a drive that I don't control. It is a set of
work projects so there is a need for others to be able to access the files
(i.e. when I'm not there) but equivalently I don't want to trust a
.mrconfig to use my user/pass to do a mount.

I guess I could build a local dir with a trusted .mrconfig and then under
that have some link to the shared folders, etc... but that just felt clunky
when I first thought about it.

Thanks,

Olaf