Please add (upstream) changelog to vcsh

Wed Feb 15 11:45:21 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 08:22, Thomas Koch <thomas at koch.ro> wrote:

> I've just updated vcsh in Wheezy and was curious to see what changed, but
> neither in the Debian package nor in the upstream Git repository is a project
> changelog.
> Could you please be so kind to add one? It'd be a shame not to have one, since
> there are so nice ways to autogenerate changelogs from Git commit messages.[1]

I checked lintian in it's most naggy mode recently when preparing the
backport for Squeeze and it complained about a missing changelog.
Since then, this has been on my todo.

I guess this poke is a good an excuse as any to actually do this :)

My plan would be to create a changelog and simply copy over everything
into the Debian one; if you have any other ideas, now it's time to
pipe up.

Richard