Use vcsh when provisioning virtual environments

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Tue Feb 14 09:03:55 CET 2012

Hi,

just as a self reminder and maybe somebody will implement this before me:

It would be fine, if I could specify a couple of vcsh repos when setting up an
schroot or a virtual maschine (libvirt?) and there would be appropriate hooks
in those systems that clone those repos in the home dir of the default user.

The default "Desktop" setup for schroot just mounts the user's home dir into
the chroot to make configuration available in the schroot. Cloning vcsh repos
would be a much safer approach.

Maybe somebody with more time likes this idea as much as I do... :-)

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro