omitting repo headers with 'mr run'

Joey Hess joey at kitenet.net
Sun Feb 12 18:45:01 CET 2012

Adam Spiers wrote:
> However, if I have (say) 70 repositories and only two of them have
> work in progress, `mr wip' outputs about 150 lines, of which only 10
> lines are useful.

It seems to me there are two ways mr could deal with this.

One way is to have per-command skip statements. Then:

git_wip =
	git branch -v -v
	git status -s
git_wip_skip = ! git wip

And so repositories without changes would be skipped entirely.

The other way is to have a way to configure it to use --quiet mode
(or a similar mode) for specific commands. Perhaps the most general
way to do that is to expand the alias support to allow passing parameters.

--
see shy jo