How to setup branch tracking when starting local?

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Tue Feb 7 11:41:32 CET 2012

Hi,

I've written a twoline script that sets up the remote for a vcsh repo:

#!/bin/sh
VCSH_REMOTE_BASE=koch.ro:git/vcsh
vcsh $1 remote add origin $VCSH_REMOTE_BASE/$1.git

When I first run "mr push" I got the complaint:
  No refs in common and none specified; doing nothing.
  Perhaps you should specify a branch such as 'master'.

So I need to cd .config/vcsh/repo.d/MYREPO and do a manual git push origin
master the first time.

What would be the appropriate git command to put in my above script to setup
that the master branch should be pushed to origin?

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro