intercept file access to git-annex repos

Joey Hess joey at kitenet.net
Mon Apr 16 22:46:49 CEST 2012

Thomas Koch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> still about photos and git-annex: When my wife edits photos prior to uploading
> them, it would be fine if she wouldn't need to know about git-annex. Hacking
> git-annex support in every photo application is no option.
>
> But is there any linux kernel or LD_PRELOAD magic that could intercept access
> to a git-annex repo and make it look "normal"? (I just realize that we already
> talked about a fuse filesystem for git-annex.)

http://git-annex.branchable.com/todo/automatic_bookkeeping_watch_command/

I have a proof of concept branch using inotify, however, to make it
truely end user friendly with syncing is going to be a lot more work. I
have been thinking about doing a Kickstarter to pay for 3 months of my
time to seriously tackle this.

--
see shy jo