how to refactor path duplication in .mrconfig section headers?

Sat Oct 29 15:11:04 CEST 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 03:11, Adam Spiers <vcs-home at adamspiers.org> wrote:

> By "you" are you referring to me or Joey?  Yes, my intention
> was that ~/.git-repos contains all git repos (or at least most).

Yes, sorry for the confusion.

> If you mean, every repo *contains* its own .mrconfig, then
> I don't see how that would work - wouldn't it create a chicken
> and egg situation prior to first checkout?

Exactly. The way I read Joey's, I thought that's what was being suggested.

> I like that scheme with things like apache (sites-available
> vs. sites-enabled) although with mr config, the same effect can by
> automated via the special 'skip' parameter, which to me seems nicer
> than manually fiddling with symlinks.

If you use skip, you will have to manually fiddle with mr to do the
first checkout ;)

I still hope to sell Joey on the idea of incorporating link management
in mr. A definite yes/no/onlyifyousubmitapatch would be nice, here.
If that doesn't work out, I will most likely extend vcsh to do this.
Along with zsh completion to grab available repos from your local
setup.

Richard