new mr patches on their way (not quite ready yet though)

Adam Spiers vcs-home at adamspiers.org
Sun Nov 13 12:35:52 CET 2011

Hi Joey et al.,

I've been doing a lot of work on my stow plug-in for mr, and in the
process have not only resurrected GNU stow from the dead (last release
was 2002) but also ended up doing quite a bit of work on mr itself
too.  I've made a number of fixes to minor bugs, a few enhancements
(including the new --repos switch, for which I posted a preliminary
and somewhat broken patch to this list a week or 3 ago), and some
cosmetic changes.  I'm not quite done yet, but I thought it would be
prudent to give you guys a heads up anyway.  Hopefully most of the
patches are relatively uncontroversial, but I expect a few will
generate some discussion too.  Anyway, if you want a sneak preview
then you can see the patch series here:

  https://github.com/aspiers/kitenet-mr/commits/master

WARNING!  This branch *will* get rebased regularly, so I strongly
recommend that you do not attempt to merge from it at this point
otherwise you will almost certainly run into issues.  When I'm happy
that it's stabilised then I'll send another mail to the list.

Cheers,
Adam