Converting a non-bare git-annex into a bare one

Mon Jun 13 02:22:06 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I made a pretty stupid mistake with a new repo... I created it
non-bare. Obviously, the first step to converting it into a bare one
is

  git clone --bare -l <from> <to>

followed by moving the bits & pieces of git-annex into the right
places. As the directory structure of bare and non-bare git annex
repos seems to be different (.git-annex/ vs annex/ with different
content) and as I want to make _sure_ there won't be any problems down
the road, I am wondering if there is a guide or checklist to properly
converting between that two.

Thanks,
Richard