git-annex: Puzzling over bare repositories

Joey Hess joey at kitenet.net
Mon Dec 26 19:53:09 CET 2011

Richard Hartmann wrote:
> >> You need to run git annex merge before pushing and all will be well.
> > This seems to be a _very_ common problem for new users. I know it's a
> > message from git, not git-annex, but would there be any way to display
> > a hint?
>
> As a follow-up, there are no hooks that could be used. Pity.

To follow-up, I have added a new one, called tweak-fetch. Hopefully it
will be accepted into git in due course; I already have a tweak-fetch
branch of git-annex that can use the hook to avoid any need of manually
running `git annex merge`. The hook also allows for other interesting
possibilities..

--
see shy jo