inventory of files unavailable in local repository?

Adam Spiers vcs-home at adamspiers.org
Fri Dec 23 17:10:24 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Joey Hess <joey at kitenet.net> wrote:
> Adam Spiers wrote:
>> $ time git annex find --not --in= >/dev/null
>> git annex find --not --in= > /dev/null  6.73s user 1.76s system 21%
>> cpu 39.483 total
>
>> Ouch!  Joey, is there an optimization that can be made for the local
>> case here?
>
> For --in=. , the optimisation of statting the files, rather than looking
> up the location from git, is already done, if that's what you mean.

Already done, as in, prior to my report, or you mean you just made a
fix?  What I mean is that the command line above takes almost 40
seconds, whereas the alternative which uses the symlinks program
instead, takes under 1 second.  That tells me that something is badly
wrong unless you only just added the optimisation you mention above.