git annex fills up repository with uuid logs

Sat Dec 17 14:59:40 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 23:47, Sean Whitton <sean at silentflame.com> wrote:

> After a recent pull/annex merge/push I noticed that my git-annex’d dir
> is filled with three character hex named folders, which contain more
> such folders, which contain log files named after my annex’d files (I
> think).

You merged the branches master and git-annex.

As a dirty hack to prevent you from typoing, you can create a
.gitnomerge file with

  branch = master

and

  branch = git-annex

that way, git will not be able to merge the branches without manual
interaction when you ask it to.

Richard

PS: I still think this should be part of git-annex proper.