[git-annex] compile error on lucid (was: reflink=auto option not present)

Abhishek Dasgupta abhidg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 08:55:49 CEST 2011

Abhishek Dasgupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been using git-annex for some time, and today while trying to
> issue `git annex get` it shows:
> get big_file (copying from host...) cp: unrecognized option '--reflink=auto'
> Try `cp --help' for more information.

OK, it seems that git-annex checks for the reflink=auto option while
building and disables that functionality if not present. However, now I
have a different problem -- while compiling on lucid (version
0.20110401), I get this error:

[ 6 of 72] Compiling Key              ( Key.hs, Key.o )

Key.hs:77:7:
    No instance for (Arbitrary Char)
      arising from a use of `arbitrary' at Key.hs:77:7-15
    Possible fix: add an instance declaration for (Arbitrary Char)
    In a stmt of a 'do' expression: n <- arbitrary
    In the expression:
        do { n <- arbitrary;
             b <- elements ['A' .. 'Z'];
               return
             $ Key
                 {keyName = n, keyBackendName = [b], keySize = Nothing,
                  keyMtime = Nothing} }
    In the definition of `arbitrary':
        arbitrary = do { n <- arbitrary;
                         b <- elements ['A' .. 'Z'];
                           return
                         $ Key
                             {keyName = n, keyBackendName = [...], keySize = Nothing,
                              keyMtime = Nothing} }

Compiling versions > 0.20110401 is not possible at the moment, for that I will
also have to backport libghc6-sha-dev to lucid.

--
Abhishek