mr feature request: default to ~/.mrconfig when there is no .mrconfig in $PWD

Sun Apr 10 02:51:57 CEST 2011

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 16:28, Richard Hartmann
<richih.mailinglist at gmail.com> wrote:

> $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/mr/trust
> $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/mr/trust.d/

FYI, I started a thread [1] about the general layout of foo.d/ vs
foo/bar.d/ on the XDG list.

This would most likely mean a result of

$PREFIX being either

  $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/mr/config.d/

or

  $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/mr.d/

and a $SUFFIX of

  *.mrconfig
  *.mrtrust

or

  mrconfig.d/*
  trust.d/*

if Joey is OK with this concept in the first place. If not, include
and symlinks it is. Maintaining file suffixes in this contex would
allow

I am sorry about jumping back and forth so much, but I think I am
starting to come up with some sane concepts. And I am probably
thinking about this whole system a _lot_ more than I should ;)
What might look overly complicated at first is really an attempt to
come up with a structure that will both extend and merge easily.

Either way, it might be worth piping up on the XDG list about.

Richard

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2011-April/011870.html