Best practice for Documents directory: looking for comments on my current setup

Cory Myers cfm at panix.com
Wed May 13 17:47:49 CEST 2009

On Sat, May 09, 2009 at 06:15:03PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> … until they go bankrupt and it's all gone. Or they change their
> terms of service and make it impossible for you to get the data. Or
> they have a super-crash and it's all gone. That could happen to you
> too, sure thing. But they made sure that you could not hold it
> against them. Maybe they anticipate it? ;)

One of the neat things about Dropbox, actually, is that every machine you
link to your Dropbox account has a complete copy of your data. Even if
you unlink a computer, it keeps its copy. The Dropbox folks would have to
actively *delete* all the data in all accounts for you to lose any of your
local copies.