Version control system better suted than SVN

Chanoch (Ken) Bloom kbloom at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 00:04:48 CEST 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 02:55:28PM -0700, Eric Hanchrow wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Chanoch (Ken) Bloom <kbloom at gmail.com> wrote:
> >      * Git keeps a local repository with full history in your working
> >        directory. This means at least two copies of everything are
> >        stored.
>
> Git's compression is good enough that I'd be surprised if this were a
> problem in practice.
>
> On the other hand, git too uses SSH for write access, so I suspect
> it'll get hung up there.

It appears that git supports WebDAV for pushing over HTTP(S) as well.

See
http://www.xiaoka.com/blog/2008/04/13/git-repository-over-http-webdav-with-nginx/
which talks about how to configure a certain web server for WebDAV and
Git. I didn't see anything suggesting out of the ordinary patching or
configuration was necessary on the client side of things.

--Ken

http://www.iit.edu/~kbloom1/