[announce] colgit: manage git repository collections

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Thu Sep 6 15:15:25 CEST 2007

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck at madduck.net> [2007.09.06.1211 +0200]:
> With SVN, I'd have a repository for each machine, which existed only
> of svn:externals references pulling in other repos and thus
> assembling my home directory. git-submodule isn't quite designed for
> this sort of stuff, and thus I came up with colgit.

You might want to read over this short discussion between Peter and
I on why git-submodules aren't up for the task:

  http://colabti.de/irclogger/irclogger_log/git?date=2007-09-06,Thu&sel=578#l979

Cheers,

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

"'the answer to the great question...'
 'of life, the universe and everything...' said deep thought.
 'is...' said deep thought, and paused.
 'is...'
 'forty-two,' said deep thought, with infinite majesty and calm."
                                 -- hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net