mr - a Multiple VCS Repository management tool

Joey Hess joey at kitenet.net
Sun Oct 21 07:40:33 CEST 2007

Ken Bloom wrote:
> I just wanted to announce Joey Hess' new project mr, which should be of
> interest to the group:

Thanks, I had been meaning to do that..

> (The rest of this message is shamelessly stolen from Joey's site)
>
>     * Update a repository no more frequently than once every twelve
>       hours.
>     * Run an arbitrary command before committing to a repository.
>     * When updating a git repository, pull from two different upstreams
>       and merge the two together.

And just added:

* Run several repository updates in parallel, greatly speeding up the
  update process.

For me, mr update dropped from 12 minutes to 43 (!!) seconds. This is to
update 78 repos, about half svn and half git.

It's amazing how innefficient svn:externals is when you compare it to this.

--
see shy jo