Building a tool to make the process automated

Eric Hanchrow offby1 at blarg.net
Tue Jun 12 22:32:10 CEST 2007

    Lois> I found that quite a few applications store information that
    Lois> is not necessary to put under revision control (firefox's
    Lois> cache files), do you handle that individually or do you
    Lois> usually not care?

I simply don't put those files under revision control.  Instead I
explicitly specify those (few) files that I _do_ want controlled.

    Lois> Under SVN, how do you make sure that the repository does not
    Lois> grow too large over the years?

I have never worried about that.

    Lois> When you delete a file, is it possible to delete all its
    Lois> version information too.  I know it is very hard to not
    Lois> possible to do in Bazaar, how about in SVN?

It's very hard, and in any case it's almost certainly _not_ what your
user wants.  If your user deleted the file by accident, they would be
very disappointed to discover that you had deleted all trace of it
from the repo.

--
Most people don't even know what a rootkit is, so why should they
care about it?