Checking out .ssh directory

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Tue Jan 23 12:06:58 CET 2007

also sprach Kevin T. Neely <ktneely at piglet.astroturfgarden.com> [2007.01.23.0531 +0000]:
> I imported the .ssh directory earlier, but now when I try to
> perform an update o nthe directory, it fails because there is
> already an .ssh  directory there.  Same thing wwhen I try to blow
> it away and then resume the update: svn+ssh:// of course creates
> the directory as it authenticates with the server.

it's a catch-22 situation. The way to work around it is:

  mv .ssh/known_hosts ~
  rm -rf .ssh
  svn mkdir .ssh
  mv known_hosts .ssh
  svn add .ssh/known_hosts
  svn up

However, known_hosts is not exactly a good candidate for SVN. I wish
SSH had a .ssh/known_hosts.d feature.

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

"women love us for our defects.