svn status too verbose with externals

Adam Compton comptona at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 23:29:13 CET 2007

J. David Blackstone wrote:
>   Today I took the mad step of using svn:externals to make my main work repository into a subdirectory of my main directory.  This is great, but now when I svn status I get:
>
> X      employer
>
> Performing status on external item at 'employer'
>
>   I'd rather see nothing if there's nothing to report in the employer/ subdirectory.  Any way to achieve this?
>
> jdb

I use a Bash function in my .bash_profile:

function svnst() {
    svn st -q $1 | grep . | grep -v ^Perf
}

This function passes the parameter of "the files I want the status of",
uses the "-q" option to hide "?" and "X" files, and then pulls out blank
lines and lines starting with "Performing...".

- Adam Compton