newbie question

Vim Visual vim.unix at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 5 15:29:19 CET 2006

Hi Eric,

thanks, I am getting a pretty good global overview thanks to your help.

Now I have run into a snag... I have been trying to play around with
svn+ssh but something is wrong...

svn checkout svn+ssh://myinstitute.url.org/afs/path/to/pau/svn_home_repository
HOME_PAU

and then I get

AFS Password:
zsh: command not found: svnserve
svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

I thought it could be due to the fact that something about that PATH
thing must not be working. I've got a feeling it has something to do
with it being a non-interactive shell... I am using zsh and in zshrc I
have exported ~bin, where just in case of I copied svnserve in both my
laptop and the remote machine...

path=(/usr/bin /usr/ccs/bin /usr/sbin /usr/sfw/bin /opt/SUNWspro/bin
/usr/openwin/bin /usr/local/bin /usr/ucb /opt/X11R6/bin
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/current $HOME/treball $HOME/bin  $path )
export PATH

(the funny bin directories are there because sometimes I am in a sun cluster)

any hint? Can you help me?

Cheers,

Pau