Hi - List Status?

Ken Bloom kbloom at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 17:20:56 CEST 2006

On Friday 28 July 2006 09:28, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Ken Bloom <kbloom at gmail.com> [2006.07.28.1506 +0100]:
> > * set permissions on a file according to that file's
> > svnhome:permissions
>
> please use this only to override defaults.

Of course.

> > * create links to a file in the locations listed in that file's
> >   svnhome:links
> > * remove broken links. (you'd probably also want a directory-level
> >   svnhome:ignorelinks property that told the script not to worry
> > about broken links listed in that property)
>
> svn can store links, so why bother?

My setup (following Joey's lead) is to have
$HOME/ which has the basic dotfiles
$HOME/.hide which has secret dotfiles
$HOME/.gnome-stuff which has all of the gnome directories
$HOME/.kde (which doesn't have any dotfiles since kde keeps its stuff
self-contained)

Some of these may not be checked out on a given computer (e.g. I only
check out .hide on computers I trust and .gnome-stuff on computers that
don't have KDE on them). So I don't want broken links pointing into
trees that I haven't checked out. So the tool should be able to
automagically manage those links.

--Ken

http://www.iit.edu/~kbloom1/